Scones and tea anyone? Follow this recipe for this a superb batch of scones. Best served with clotted cream and jam.
3 cups plain flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
75 grams butter
1½ cups milk
1. Into a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Add the milk and mix quickly with a knife to make a soft dough.
4. Dust flour over an oven tray. Place the scone dough onto the tray. Cut the dough into 12 pieces with a knife, leaving a 2-3 cm gap between each. Glaze the top of each scone by brushing it with some milk.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C until golden brown (approximately 10 minutes).
Add 1 cup of sultanas after sifting the flour, baking powder or salt.
Grate cheese to make ¾ of a cup. Add a pinch of pepper and mustard after sifting the flour, baking powder or salt. Add a small amount of grated cheese to the top of each scone before baking.